I was commissioned by Milton Keynes Gallery to work with Young Mums in Milton Keynes to create an artwork for their music festival. I worked with a group of truly creative young people and story teller Philippa Tipper to write creative texts about dreams. I liked the idea of transporting the galleries concrete floor to use as the basis of the artwork. I wanted it to look like it had been somehow dropped; the concrete broken and cracked allows the images from the participants dreams then spill out to create a massive floor piece. To create this piece I photographed cracks in the floor of a house I was renovating and then cloned the edges using photoshop onto the concrete. In the two galleries below you can see the installed work and also the texts that I have illustrated.
Recent Posts of Public art Projects
- What Should Your Portfolio Look Like?
- Enchanted Milton
- Cambridgeshire Moments
- A Selection of Proposals
- Our Relationship with Spaces and Places.
- Milton Keynes Dreaming by Emily Campbell
- Enchanted Stoke by Emily Campbell
- Love Ties – Material Changes and Social Capital
- Love Ties – The Final Work by Emily Campbell
- Love Ties – The Making Of
- Love Ties – Inspiration
- Tips on Writing a Public Art Proposal
- Harplands Psychiatric Hospital Reflective Space
- Views from West Heath
Images of Work